Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Rome's Rant: Tiana

Disney's latest awesomeness came out last year; "Princess and the Frog." If you haven't seen it yet, I have no idea what the hell you're waiting for. I have a few things to cover here so, stop reading this, go see it, then comeback. I'll wait.

Tiana is the latest addition to Disney Royalty. Whether or not she'll fit in with the other Princesses is another story, but she has definitely carved a spot for herself in my heart... It's not only because she's African American either.  If you can believe it, that is one of the last things I think about when it comes to her.  She displays a different kind of strength from all the other Princesses. The grace she carries herself with is unique to her alone.

One thing about Tiana, that most of the other princesses do not have, is that she has a flaw.
The funny thing is, the very 'flaw' she has is something that makes
her an attractive character.

Now, stepping out of the movie. Check out Brandy in her Tiana-esque dress! Mhmm... Uhm, Disney... you got some 'splaining to do with this one... These dresses, and hairstyles, are really similar.

Lastly, I searched google looking for women portraying Tiana.  This one stole my heart. She is freaking awesome!! Her poses are no where near awkward and she looks like she knows what she's doing! So, cheers to her. She's... amazing.



'Why is this on Krome Radio's blog?' You ask. Well, I've seen the movie and the soundtrack has grown on me like crazy. Being a freak... err fan of Disney I often check out what my favorite songs sound like in other languages. I am waiting for the day youtube has the Korean, Japanese and Chinese version of the songs from this movie. It's gonna be something to see how they make it work!

And now... Music~!



Also:

Move over Jaffar, there's a new sorcerer in town! Check out Dr. Facilier and his 'friend's on the other side...'


-Rome

1 comment:

SHACH said...

Ha you're right! I can see the weird similarity between Brandy's and Tiana's blue dress. Hmm. Disney's inside conspiracy! I can't wait to hear some Asian versions of Disney songs! Fun stuff.