Friday, November 20, 2009

You're Beautiful: Impressions


With only two episodes left, I still have no idea what direction this drama is taking.

I first heard about "You're Beautiful" because Lee Hongki was set to make his return to acting in the drama. However, once I started watching the show, the story drew me in, just as much as the story for Boys Over Flowers did.

The story centers around the life of the popular fictitious group A.N. JELL. The three members of AN JELL are Hwang Tae Kyung (played by jang Geun Suk), Kang Shin Woo (played by rookie actor Jung Yong Hwa), and Jeremy (Lee Hongki's character). Each member has a completely different personality, ranigng from "charismatic" to "energetic." To this trio of singers, a fourth is added, but that's where the twist comes in. The singer Go Mi Nam, is supposed to join the group, but, as he's away in America, the group's manager manages to convince his twin sister, Go Mi Nyu, to join in his place, only until Go Mi Nam returns, however. Go Mi Nam's return is continuously delayed, which gived Go Mi Nyu the chance to get to know the other group members.

Without giving too much away, Go Mi Nyu (known as Go Mi Nam to the group members), gets involved in a love...pentagon. Not only does every member of AN JELL manage to fall in love with her (what a lucky girl!), but another girl is added into the already complicated drama dynamic, in the form of a fake lover of Jang Geun Suk (UEE of After School).

For a cast filled with such young actors, I think they're doing a stellar job, and it's one of the reasons I keep watching the series (that, and Hongki is just too adorable!!). I'm torn because I don't know what's going to happen--I want to know how it ends, but at the same time, I'm afraid that not everyone can become happy in the end, so I want it to keep going until then. With the last two episodes airing next week, to those who have watched it: what are your impressions thus far, and how do you think it's going ot end? To those who haven't: Where have you been all this time?!

2 comments:

Fetesha D. said...

Okay, so I have been beyond addicted to this drama since it first came out. I've been reading all the spoilers, so I'm completely aware of how it ends. All I can say to sum it up is this: 1) I already have the website to order the pig-rabbit and hair pin, 2) I am purchasing the DVD when it comes out, and 3) I will easily watch this one over and over again just like I have with Coffee Prince and Full House.

Buddhu said...

Yeah, I can't wait to get some free time so I can re-watch this one...aaah I had no idea how it ended so I was really shocked when it did...without giving away spoilers, what did you think of how the ending was executed in the actual show? Do they include english subs with those DVDs? ..because I would look into that if they did... :D I haven't seen either Full House or Coffee Prince, but I've heard good things on both...lol I'm so far behind...